About This Event
The 2019 EXPO is currently SOLD OUT. To join the waitlist, email [email protected]
Established in 1972, the Houston Marathon Committee, Inc. annually organizes the nation’s premier winter marathon, half marathon, and 5K. Over 300,000 participants, volunteers and spectators make Chevron Houston Marathon Race Day the largest single-day sporting event in Houston. Today, with over 57,000 attendees, the Health & Wellness EXPO is home to Packet Pick-Up for all Chevron Houston Marathon, Aramco Houston Half Marathon, We Are Houston 5K and Run for a Reason participants. Best of all, admission to the the two-day EXPO is free and open to everyone.
The EXPO is located at the George R. Brown Convention Center in downtown Houston with a skywalk connecting to the host hotel. Each registered participant must come through the EXPO to pick up their bib number. The 2018 event welcomed over 57,000 attendees including friends and family. Admission to the EXPO is free.
More than 57,000 EXPO attendees
Median age group: 35-39
61% have household incomes exceeding $100,000
Female/Male Gender Split49.8 %50.2 %
Past or Current Sponsors and Vendors
Event Terms and Cancellation Policy
Booth assignments will be made in the order the Guidelines, Applications and payments are received. The event operator reserves the right to place sponsors and preferred vendors before all other exhibitor locations can be finalized.
Show management reserves the right to refuse applications/products that are deemed inappropriate for any reason. The Houston Marathon Committee reserves the right to limit the number of Exhibitors with same type of products.
Show Management reserves the right to relocate exhibitors or modify the floor plan for any reason, at any time, you will be notified if your location is impacted by floor plan changes.
The Houston Marathon Committee reserves the right to remove any exhibitor or individual(s) from the event at any time.
Following the 2019 event, you will be required to submit your sales numbers and statistics to the Houston Marathon Committee.
• No helium balloons or hay are allowed in the George R. Brown Convention Center. Attaching anything to the building structure is prohibited. All display material must be fireproof.
• All decorations, drapes, signs, banners, table coverings and skirts, carpeting or similar decorative materials used shall be flame retardant to the satisfaction of the City of Houston Fire Marshal and are subject to inspection and flame testing.
• With the exception of service animals and animals participating in dog or cat shows, animals shall not be allowed in the George R. Brown Convention Center unless approved in advance and in writing by the Facility Manager.
• In accordance with City of Houston Ordinance No. 2006-1054, smoking is prohibited at the George R. Brown Convention Center. Use of e-cigarettes and similar electronic smoking devices is prohibited at the George R. Brown Convention Center. The distribution or sale of tobacco products and electronic smoking devices is prohibited at the George R. Brown Convention Center.
• Additional GRB information can be found at www.grbhouston.com/exhibitors/exhibitor-guidelines/
EVENT CANCELLATION - NO REFUNDS
• In the event the Houston Marathon Committee should be prevented from holding the EXPO due to circumstances beyond the control of the Houston Marathon Committee, including but not limited to acts of God, severe weather, fires, floods, terrorism, labor strikes and hurricanes, the Houston Marathon Committee will not be held liable for any claims which may arise in consequences thereof and shall not be held liable to Exhibitor for any loss of business, damage or expenses the Exhibitor may endure. No refunds shall be given.
• No display vehicles are allowed in the EXPO unless previous written authorization has been granted. Additional Guidelines and Restrictions will be provided. A mandatory docking/staging fee of $250 per vehicle will be charged to the Exhibitor by Freeman. ALL vehicles must be docked on Wednesday, Jan. 16th from 10:00am – 1:00pm. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• If you need assistance, there are costs associated with moving your product from the dock to your booth. Please refer to the Freeman Vendor Service Kit for rates and information. Only hand-use dollies are permitted. Motorized or hydraulic dollies are prohibited.
• Banners hung from the ceiling must be installed by Freeman. It is the Exhibitor’s responsibility to order this service at least two weeks before the EXPO. Full payment must be made before the end of the EXPO to Freeman. Rates will be listed in the Service Kit sent to you by Freeman. It is the Exhibitor’s responsibility to make arrangements for the return of all banners.
• You may not use any event or event related logos without prior written approval from the Houston Marathon Committee, Inc., including, but not limited to logos of the following, Chevron Houston Marathon, Aramco Houston Half Marathon, We Are Houston 5K, Run for a Reason.
ELECTRICITY, INTERNET, WI-FI and PHONE
• Electricity, internet, Wi-Fi and phone services are not included in your booth rental. For discounted rates, these should be ordered from SmartCity no later than January 15, 2019. The order form/link will be in the Vendor Service Kit you receive from Freeman.
FOOD & BEVERAGE PERMITS
• Permission to serve food/beverages including bottled water, candy, chips, supplements, sample sizes, etc. must be obtained from Levy. The permission form will be sent to you once your booth application has been received.
• After your booth number is assigned, all food/beverage Exhibitors must order “booth cleaning services” from the GRB. Click below to order this service: ungerboeck.houstonfirst.com/coe/coe_p1_all.aspx?oc=01&cc=COESOP
• In addition, all food/beverage Exhibitors must obtain a COH Temporary Health Permit. This applies whether the Exhibitor is selling or sampling product. This permit must be posted at the Exhibitor’s booth. The COH Health Inspector will visit your booth. City food permits must be requested 21 days (minimum 7 days) prior to the EXPO. Click below for the COH permit application: www.houstontx.gov/health/Food/documents/2017_TEMPORARY_FOOD_PERMIT_EXPRESS_APPLICATION_1_9_DAYS_20161219.pdf
TEXAS RETAIL SALES PERMIT
• Texas law requires that all merchants be registered as a Texas Retail Merchant and collect sales tax (Harris County is 8.25%). Exhibitors selling anything at the EXPO must contact the State of Texas Comptroller’s Office at 800-252-5555 or www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/sales/ for permit and payment information. A copy of the permit must be posted in your booth.